Emergencies 24 h

900 407 407

my-xanit

CAT Foundation certification

CAT Foundation certification The Haematology Department at Vithas Xanit successfully renews its CAT Foundation certification, guaranteeing quality and excellence in all transfusion-related procedures.


Vithas Xanit International Hospital, belonging to the Vithas Healthcare Group has recently obtained certification from the CAT (Transfusion Accreditation Committee) Foundation, a certifying body for the quality of blood, blood components, cellular and tissue therapy. It is an organisation which ensures that standards of transfusion in hospitals reach a proven standard of excellence in quality, thus accrediting achievement of the highest standards in blood transfusion.


“We are very proud to have received this accreditation which in the organisations certified constitutes comprehensive certification of transfusion quality and safety throughout the whole organisation, in operational procedures and resources,” explains Dr Gutierrez de Guzman, Head of Haematology at Vithas Xanit International Hospital. He adds, “This recognition, which guarantees safety in all blood-related procedures performed in our hospital, has been possible thanks to the hard work of all the professionals involved in the transfusion process, especially the Haematology Department, the laboratory, and the nursing staff.” 


In the autonomous community of Andalusia, Vithas Xanit is the only private hospital which has received this accreditation guaranteeing quality and safety throughout the process of storage, distribution and transfusion of the different blood derivatives (blood, plasma and platelets) to patients. The specialist explains, “This accreditation reflects the desire of our hospital, and all its professionals, to provide our patients with a certified, high quality service in line with international standards. It also reflects specialists’ efforts to always be at the forefront of healthcare for our patients.” 


The importance of this accreditation is reflected in transfusion figures. 5000 transfusions are performed in Spain every day and between 60 and 75 people’s lives are saved thanks to them, hence the importance of assuring the quality of blood transfusion processes.


Vithas Xanit has also been granted safety and quality accreditation from Joint Commission International (JCI), the worldwide leader in assessment and accreditation in achievement of quality standards in healthcare centres. The hospital has obtained this accreditation for the second time, Vithas Xanit International is the only hospital in Andalusia which has obtained this prestigious accreditation. Throughout Spain there are only 13 hospitals, including Vithas Xanit, which have achieved this recognition of excellence.




The Vithas promise: accredited, quality healthcare, personal and long-term service


The Vithas Group is the leading healthcare provider amongst those with 100% Spanish capital. Every year it cares for more than 4,500,000 patients in its 19 hospitals and 27 specialist centres. The 46 centres are distributed throughout Spain, in Alicante, Almería, Castellón, Granada, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Lleida, Madrid, Málaga, Sevilla, Tenerife, Vigo, Valencia and Vitoria-Gasteiz. In the Balearics the Vithas Group has a strategic agreement with the leading hospital group in the region, the Juaneda healthcare network, consisting of 5 hospitals and a wide network of medical centres. Vithas also has a diagnostic laboratory, Vithas Lab, with more than 300 specimen collection points.


The Vithas hallmark is quality healthcare with internationally accredited standards and personal service. It has the strong support and long-term vision of its shareholders: Goodgrower who control 80% of the capital and “la Caixa” group, who control the remaining 20%.


With a growth model based on geographical diversification and sustainability, Vithas plans to strengthen its presence on a national level through organic growth and acquisition.


www.vithas.es


About Vithas Xanit International Hospital


Vithas Xanit International Hospital’s (www.xanit.es) team of personnel is made up of more than 780 professionals, the hospital’s 13,000 m2 are distributed over 5 floors providing 106 individual rooms. Vithas Xanit Limonar in Malaga is a medical specialities centre which offers patients the latest technology and the most innovative techniques and protocols in Radiotherapy and Oncology Medicine and includes an outpatient department with oncology related specialities. Xanit also has another Medical Specialities Centre, Xanit Fuengirola, where the Xanit medical team continue to offer the same high quality care.


http://www.vithas.es/Benalmadena


We use cookies to enhance the browsing experience. By continuing navigation we understand you accept our cookie policyclose